There are many places across the province where there is no centralized sanitary network. The solution, in that case, is Onsite Wastewater Treatment Systems (OWTS) or decentralized systems. The OWTS is one of the most important parts of any development project, as it directly deals with human health and environmental well-being.
Our professional engineers at ITMBC are trained, certified, and experienced in the design of OWTS. They design the systems per the Sewerage System Regulation (SSR) Public Act and conforming to the Sewerage System Standard Practice Manual (SPM V3) of the Government of British Columbia.
They carefully conduct the following tasks:
- Site assessment and evaluation
- Soil test pitting and percolation or permeability test
- Selection of the proper treatment system, design of the initial and final treatment and effluent dispersal system, and preparing the plan package
- Filling of the design package as an authorized person (AP) to the relevant health authority
- Field review and inspection during installation of the system
- Issuance of the Letter of Certification (LOC) after completion of the sewerage system
Our professionals have good experiences in design and commissioning of the OWTS for residential and commercial developments, CTDS, and subdivision project assessment.